GAAIHO PDF SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT (SDK)
Notice to user: THIS IS A LICENSE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND ZEON. BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE AS SET FORTH BELOW, YOU ACCEPT ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. This License Agreement accompanies the ZEON Gaaiho Software Development Kit(s) for the software and related explanatory materials (the "SDK") and includes any upgrades, modified versions, updates, additions, and copies of the SDK licensed to You by ZEON. This copy of the SDK is licensed to You as the end user or to Your employer or another third party authorized to permit Your use of the SDK. You agree that this License Agreement is enforceable like any written negotiated agreement signed by you and that your use of the SDK constitutes acceptance of the Agreement terms. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not use this SDK software.
INSTALLATION AND USE RIGHTS.
- General. You may install and use any number of copies of the software to develop and test your applications.
- Included ZEON Applications. The software may include other ZEON applications. These license terms apply to those included applications, if any, unless other license terms are provided with the other ZEON applications.
- Third Party Applications. The software may include third party applications that ZEON, not the third party, licenses to you under this agreement. Any included notices for third party applications are for your information only.
Subject to the restrictions contained in this Section 2, ZEON grants to You a nonexclusive, nontransferable, royalty-free license to use the items in the SDK only for the purpose of internal development of application programs designed to function with ZEON products.
- Under this License Agreement, You may use, modify or merge all or portions of the Sample Code with Your application programs and distribute it only as part of Your products in object code form. Any modified or merged portion of the Sample Code is subject to this License Agreement. You are required to include ZEON's copyright notices on Your application programs except for those programs in which You include a copyright notice reflecting the copyright ownership of Developer in such programs. You may not use ZEON's name, logo or trademarks to market Your products. You may not assign Your rights or obligations granted under this License Agreement without the prior written consent of ZEON. Any attempted assignment or transfer without such prior written consent from ZEON shall be void and of no effect.
- Subject to the permissions in above, You may use the SDK solely for the purpose of internal development. You may not include any portion of the SDK in Your Developer products.
- Unless applicable law gives you more rights despite this limitation, you will not (and have no right to):
- work around any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways;
- reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the software;
- remove, minimize, block, or modify any notices of ZEON or its suppliers in the software;
- use the software in any way that is against the law or to create or propagate malware; or
- share, publish, lend, or provide the software as a stand-alone hosted solution for others to use, or transfer the software or this agreement to any third party.
You may make a limited number of copies of the SDK to be used by Your employees or consultants as provided herein, and not for general business purposes, and such employees or consultants shall be subject to the obligations and restrictions in this License Agreement.
The items contained in the SDK are the intellectual property of ZEON and its suppliers and are protected by Taiwan (R.O.C.) copyright and patent law, international treaty provisions and applicable laws of the country in which it is being used. You agree to protect all copyright and other ownership interests of ZEON and/or its suppliers in all items in the SDK supplied under this License Agreement. You agree that all copies of the items in the SDK, reproduced for any reason by You, contain the same copyright notices, and other proprietary notices as appropriate, as appear on or in the master items delivered by ZEON in the SDK. ZEON and/or its suppliers retain title and ownership of the items in the SDK, the media on which it is recorded, and all subsequent copies, regardless of the form or media in or on which the original and other copies may exist. Except as stated above, this License Agreement does not grant You any rights to patents, copyrights, trade secrets, trademarks or any other rights in respect to the items in the SDK.
This License Agreement is effective until terminated. ZEON has the right to terminate this License Agreement immediately, without judicial intervention, if You fail to comply with any term herein. Upon any such termination You must remove all full and partial copies of the items in the SDK from your computer and discontinue the use of the items in the SDK.
You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software, which include restrictions on destinations, end users, and end use.
ZEON is not obligated under this agreement to provide any support services for the software. Any support provided is "as is", "with all faults", and without warranty of any kind.
You may manually check for updates or the software may periodically check for updates, and download and install them for you. You may obtain updates only from ZEON or authorized sources. ZEON may need to update your system to provide you with updates. You agree to receive these automatic updates without any additional notice. Updates may not include or support all existing software features, services, or peripheral devices.
This agreement, and any other terms ZEON may provide for supplements, updates, or third-party applications, is the entire agreement for the software.
APPLICABLE LAW AND PLACE TO RESOLVE DISPUTES.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of China (Taiwan), without regard to its conflict of law principles. Any dispute arising under or in connection with this Agreement or any transactions hereunder shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Taipei District Court, Taiwan (R.O.C.).
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY.
THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED "AS IS." YOU BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. ZEON GIVES NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES, OR CONDITIONS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, ZEON EXCLUDES ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, ZEON'S LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SDK.
IN NO EVENT WILL ZEON OR ITS SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, LOSS OF DATA, COSTS, FEES OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE ARISING OUT OF ANY PROVISION OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE ITEMS IN THE SDK, EVEN IF AN ZEON REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY PARTY. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or special damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to You. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall prejudice the statutory rights of any party dealing as a consumer.
Last updated: Oct. 2019