There are 2 types of upgrade:
- The upgrade skips Major versions
Such as from 6.x to 7.x. Generally, new significant features and specifications are introduced. You will need to upgrade to a new serial number for the higher major version. If you want to upgrade the product to a higher Major version, meanwhile you're NOT covered by Software Maintenance Service, you will need to upgrade the serial number. Follow these steps:
- Bind the serial number to your account. If you purchased by yourself on store.gaaiho.com, after signing in, in My Account > My Licenses, you can find all your serial number purchased. If not, you need to Add a License manually. To bind a license, you will need to provide the serial number and the e-mail address you entered when you purchased. If the two information matches, the license will be bind successfully under your account.
- Upgrade the serial number. In your license list, there will be a button Upgrade/Buy More beside each serial number. Clicking on it and you will be led to the process of replacing your serial number with a new one, which is suitable for the latest major version or for more eligible users. It may cost you a upgrade fee.
- Deactivate and uninstall the existing product.
- Download and install the product of the lastest version.
- Activate the product with the new serial number.
If you want to upgrade to a higher Major version, under the maintenance period, your original serial number is good to activate the installer of the new version. Remember to deactivate the product first, before you replace it with a new version.
- Upgrade within the same Major version
Such as from 7.0 to 7.7. Updates are free and your serial number will be good for any of the products within the same major version.